Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you or on your behalf:
· Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
· All financial information required to file a tax return / superannuation reclaim on your behalf
· Tax File Number
We also collect the following information from you:
· Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
· Administer your account
· Send you marketing communications
· Provide our services
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. pinkcow.com.au stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com request that we remove this information from our database.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
· as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
· when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
· if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Web-Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
· to a third party tax agent we may sub-contract our obligations to;
· to a third party with your prior consent to do so (including but not limited to our business partners) for third party marketing purposes (including notification of offers and other promotions).
You can specifically opt in or out of disclosure of your personal information to third parties (other than a third party tax agent we may sub-contract our obligation to) at any time either via the Web-Site or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Links to Other Sites
If you click on a link to a third party site, you will leave the Web-Site and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as us. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as Tax File Number) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on the Web-Site, you can contact us as described below.
Additional Policy Information
The Web-Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We also have testimonials on the Web-Site, for which if a User posted personal information with this, we have received permission.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us as described below.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
You can contact us by writing or emailing us at the address below:
Pinkcow Pty Ltd
Office 1 (G01), 420 Spencer Street
Tel: 1300 858 026